TMJ (TMD) Therapy in Reno
A sudden stiffness in the movement of jaw when you wake up in the morning can be a sign of a condition called Temporomandibular Dysfunction or TMD. It can cause difficulty in conducting routine tasks such as sideways movement of jaw, wide opening of mouth while yawning or eating. If you here a popping sound right by your ear, it could mean that you have hurt or over worked your Temporomandibular Joint. It could also result in malocclusion, which can further aggravate the condition. Following are some of the possible reasons of TMJ pain or TMD –
- Overnight clenching while sleeping is a common factor that results in dysfunction of the joint.
- Chewing on something very hard can also trigger this condition.
- A strong blow to the jaw.
- Excessive opening and closing movement of jaw while speaking, eating, or yawning.
- Uneven teeth
- Bad bite or malocclusion.
Inform the doctor or visit us before this condition aggravates. With the help of TMJ (TMD) Therapy, Dr. Tom De Bruin may be able to help you in resolving this problem. If you experience any of the symptoms, it is advised that you contact us immediately so that we can start the treatment right away.
Contact Us at de Bruin Dental Center in Reno, Nevada today for more information.